Ben Hepner is a member of HPLP’s workers’ compensation defense team in the Greenville office, representing employers, insurers, and self-insureds in various industries.
Prior to joining HPLP, Ben served as an in-house attorney for South Carolina’s largest health system. He began his legal career as law clerk to the Honorable Edward W. Miller of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina.
While in law school, Ben served in several volunteer roles and competed in numerous trial competitions as a member of the USC Mock Trial Team. He also served as a law clerk to the Judiciary Committee of the South Carolina House of Representatives and as the law clerk to the Chief Counsel for the Speaker of the South Carolina House of Representatives.
Outside of the office, Ben enjoys spending time with his wife, family, and his dog Furman. A Charleston native, he is an avid golfer with a single-digit handicap and enjoys saltwater fishing and hiking.
- College of Charleston
Bachelor of Science
- University of South Carolina School of Law
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- Former Law Clerk for the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee and Chief Counsel to the Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Active member of the Greenville County Bar Association
- Active member of the South Carolina Bar Association
- Pulse Young Professionals, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina