Lee Prickett concentrates on the firm’s Business, Construction Law and Collections practices in the Greenville, SC office, working closely with both large and small business owners in the Greenville area and throughout the state to navigate their legal issues. This includes areas such as contract drafting and review, resolution of contract disputes, employment litigation, insurance defense, creditors’ representation during bankruptcy and collection practices.
As a construction lawyer, Lee represents general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, equipment rental companies, insurers, owners and a variety of other businesses involved in the construction process.This includes representing clients in matters related to initial contract drafting and review, mechanic’s liens, payment bond claims, delay and acceleration claims, defective construction cases and collection matters.
Additionally, Lee handles issues related to Real Property, including the representation of lenders and mortgage servicers with eviction, foreclosure filing/servicing, litigation, loan workouts and loss mitigation services, along with disputes related to property rights.
Before gaining years of experience with a Greenville, SC based civil litigation firm, Lee served as a law clerk for the Honorable Brooks P. Goldsmith of the Sixth Judicial Circuit, as well as a Solicitor for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit.
Lee is originally from St. Matthews, S.C., and is married with two daughters and a son. When not spending time with his family, you can find him taking advantage of the outdoor recreation the state offers, from hunting to offshore fishing.
- Clemson University
B.S. in Business Management, Cum Laude
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Former member of the ABA Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal
- Former Clerk for the House of Representatives Labor Commerce and Industry Committee
- Active member of the South Carolina Bar Association — Construction Law Section
- Active member of the Greenville County Bar Association
- Active member of the American Bar Association — Forum on Construction Industry and Law Practice Division
- Active member of the South Carolina Asphalt Paving Association (SCAPA)
- Contributing author of the South Carolina Construction Law Deskbook
- Serves on the Greenville Clemson Club Board of Directors
- Active Member of the South Carolina Bankers Association
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina District
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit