David Padgett leads the firm’s workers’ compensation defense practice in the Greenville, S.C. office, representing and advising employers, insurers and self-insureds in all aspects of litigation, including mediation, subrogation and appeals.
Prior to the foundation of HPLP, Padgett served as an attorney for a large South Carolina-based insurance defense firm, where he practiced exclusively in the area of workers’ compensation defense and gained experience handling coverage matters, as well as multi-party and medically complex claims.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Clemson University and was a member of both Phi Delta Phi and the Journal of International Law and Business as he pursued a Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law.
In addition to spending time at home in Greenville with his wife and two sons, Padgett enjoys coaching his kids’ sports teams, as well as hunting, golfing and rooting for the Clemson Tigers.
- Clemson University
B.S. in Marketing
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Former member of the Journal of International Law and Business
- Active member of the Greenville County Bar Association
- Active member of the South Carolina Bar Association
- Active member of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Active member of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina