Promptly and efficiency managing collections is essential for an organization’s ability to maintain healthy financial operations. At HPLP, we help creditors navigate the challenges of collection through a variety of means aimed at maximizing their recovery while controlling costs. Our attorneys assist companies in assessing their options, evaluating the likelihood of recovery and deciding on a course of action consistent with their goals.
Our Commercial Collections/Creditor’s Rights practice group has extensive experience in all areas of debt collection, ranging from pre-litigation demands to post judgment enforcement. When possible, we focus on finding solutions without resorting to litigation, thus saving our clients time and money.
Our attorneys maintain a focus on claim prevention by routinely advising our clients on avoiding uncollectable debt by reviewing and recommending improvements to their credit documentation, including preparing contracts, invoices, personal guarantees and other document forms to better protect your business.
HPLP also has the specific experience to effectively handle the unique aspects of construction collections, including filing and enforcing mechanic’s liens; and handling labor and material payment bond claims.
Should a creditor need help with bankruptcy cases, we can help them navigate through the system, as well as represent them in federal bankruptcy courts.
- Pre-litigation demand letters
- Secured Payment Agreements
- Suits on Account
- Commercial and Residential Foreclosures
- Mechanics Liens and Foreclosure
- Payment Bond Claims
- HOA Lien Enforcement
- Lease Disputes
- Recovery of Secured Collateral
Post Judgment Proceedings
- Execution of Judgments against Property Interests
- Transcribing Judgments to various Counties a debtor holds property
- Asset Searches
- Post Judgment Discovery
- Supplemental Proceedings
- Domestication and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Negotiation and settlement of claims
Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy
- Proof of Claim Filing
- Objections to Discharge
- Motions to Lift Stay
- Enforcement of Secured Rights
- Defense of Preference Claims
- Objections to Plan Confirmation
- Reclamation Claims
- Administrative Priority Claims
- Claims Trading Negotiation
Our clients include:
- Businesses from Fortune 500 corporations to small local companies, including:
- National, regional and local banks
- Property Managers
- Material Suppliers
- Equipment Lessors
- Trucking Companies
- Health Care Providers